09 February 2009

Neurologist #2

I just got back from my visit to the new neurologist. Vastly different visit than with the first one! He looked through all the health questionnaire stuff I had filled out, asked some questions about things he read and things he noticed about me. He looked at the CT scan (and explained them!) and the MRI test (in another room on the computer, as that test was on a CD). He said the "spots" were very non-specific and he thinks the radiologist had "over read" them a bit.

However, after asking me to clarify some of my responses to the health questions, he said that he was wondering if most/all of my health problems could be related to some sort of problem with the adrenal gland! He said it's rare, but something going wrong with the adrenal gland could cause:

Headache
High blood pressure
Nosebleeds
Flushing (of the face)
Dizziness
Asthma

Oh my God! Could it really be that all this stuff I've been dealing with (some of them for years) could all boil down to one problem?!?! Well, we're going to find out. I go back and see him in 2 weeks. Between now and then I'll have a CT scan of my chest & abdomen and some kind of 24-hour urine collection test to check for adrenaline levels. Right now, I'm going to do some research about the adrenal gland to educate myself. At least I feel like this neurologist cares about what's causing the pain. Much better feeling than the first one.

Please pray that an answer is discovered from these tests.