16 October 2009

After sleep study

Well, that was fun. :-)

Anyway, they did discover I had a few episodes of "shallow" breathing. Nowhere near the threshold where they test a c-pap machine, though. I also snored some. Doctor still needs to look at results for final diagnosis, then send to neurologist. I got my normal amount of sleep, just not at my normal times. Nice room - even a sleep number bed so it was like being at home in that regard. Tech was amazed I barely moved all night. That's the wonder of a sleep number bed...once you find that number, you don't move much in your sleep.

I had been given good instructions, so showed up with what was needed. Got a free breakfast in the food court at the Medical Mall, too. The tech even gave me tips for getting all the gels and adhesives and stuff out of my hair! She was very good.

She had said that she may be giving me instructions during the night, but once everything was set up, there was no peep from her until morning. I'm assuming whatever episodes I had didn't raise any serious alarms. They would have tried a c-pap machine if I had 30 episodes of shallowness/closing of my airway, but I was nowhere near that number.

Now I just have to wait and see what the recommendations are.