25 February 2009

Wonderful Wednesday

For excitement, I went and turned in a new batch of urine at the lab. Yay! At least it's a beautiful day outside...of course, part of my symptoms is excessive sweating, so I felt like I'd run a mile in 100 degree sunshine. It's like 70 degrees, and I walked (slowly) across a parking lot. I sure will be glad when this problem is fixed.

When I showed up at the lab, I mentioned that the test was being redone due to an error by the lab. The lab tech looked up the records and discovered (and admitted!) that it was her error with the previous test. While another tech was drawing my blood for the CBC & CMP, I heard her on the phone explaining (I guess to billing) that there had been an error previously. The insurance company shouldn't be getting billed for the new urine test. One bright spot of sunshine, anyway!

So, it's back to waiting for a phone call from the neurologist or his nurse when they get the results. I'm going to assume that's going to be at least a couple of days. I sure wish there was some kind of fast forward ability when waiting for results!

I spoke with the HR people at work. My FMLA-protected leave ended yesterday, so I now am no longer guaranteed my job when I get this resolved. Personally, unless it's months longer, I think I'll be ok. My short-term (full pay) disability pay from the company ends the middle of March, at which time I would go on long-term disability. I believe that's where the Salary Continuance Insurance I have would kick in...I don't remember all the details, but I believe it's not 100% pay, but at least it won't be no pay. They're sending me the information so I can get all the paperwork done and submitted on time if I need it. I'm hoping I wouldn't need it for long, if at all. Of course, that's assuming we have a definitive diagnosis by next week, and get it fixed/removed/medicated/whatever fairly soon after that. Not only do I want to get rid of this headache and inability to concentrate, I want to go to work! Potentially eliminating some of my other (perhaps related) health problems would also be nice.

Keep your fingers crossed and the prayers going that a real answer will be found soon.