26 December 2008

The Day After

Well, we all survived Christmas. Surprised and pleased my mom by showing up for the Christmas Day service at Bethlehem Lutheran with Josh and Jenn in tow. Joe, Mell, Brianne and Melia were also there. After church we all went to Mom's for dinner and gift opening. We had a good time and some great food. There was prime rib for us carnivores and salmon for the "kids" as they're all Pescatarians (vegetarians who eat fish). How it happened that the next generation doesn't love a big, juicy steak is beyond me!


At any rate, we enjoyed good conversation, great food and wonderful gifts.


The headache bothered me quite a bit in the morning. I ended up having to leave the sanctuary during church as the sound/stimulus pushed the pain up to an intolerable level. However, after finding a quiet area the pain subsided. The rest of the day, when pain would start to ramp up, I would close my eyes for a while (I've discovered that if I remove some of visual stimulus, I can somewhat slow down the pain escalation). I managed to get through the rest of the day without a major pain episode.


I finally slept well last night. I hadn't slept soundly for a couple nights. However, I woke up with a much worse headache than I had when I went to sleep. J&J had been up for a while and were catching up on this season's "Californication" episodes. We have no major plans for today and will do whatever strikes our fancy as the day progresses.


I'm off to find some breakfast. Love to all!