23 December 2008

Excitement's building!

Ok, so maybe that's overstating it, but at least I'll be doing something different today - leaving the house! I need to go make sure the money I need is in the appropriate accounts, so Bobby's going to take me to the Credit Union after he gets off work. Of course, if I notice the weather starting to get bad before then, I'll drive myself. And pray the whole time that I don't get one of those stabbing pains that make me close my eyes. But then, I always try to avoid that! At least the dizziness is less common, so I'm not quite as concerned about that...but I also haven't tried driving in a while. (I'm not counting driving the cool little cart around Sam's. However, I did realize that things "zipping" by in my peripheral vision made me a bit woozy.)
I got an early Christmas present yesterday - some wonderful English Muffins from Mell & Joe! They are outstanding and I think Wolferman's has gained a new customer. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
The headache is about the same today as it was last night, which was pretty bad. I can handle short conversations, but after a bit even talking is painful. I much prefer the written word today. I can read/write a bit at a time, and it doesn't matter if I stop for a little while. The mute button on the tv remote gets a workout, because noise can make the headache worse. It's amazing how much better daytime tv is when you don't listen to what they're saying! I'm definitely learning patience during this.
Matt's still working on one of my projects at work. He called me yesterday trying to get some help in determining how to set up some file/folder structures with the hyperlinked index. In my great mentor role, I told him I hadn't a clue and to just do what worked best for him. Awesome advice, right? Hey, I do the best I can with what I have to work with. Fortunately, he's a bright guy and will figure out a good solution.
Time to shut up and take a break. Love you, everyone!