19 January 2009

It's so nice to be home!

No matter where you go or what you do, it's always so good to get back home. I've discovered that the more or less "controlled" environment at home is what's keeping me sane. After being out amongst people in public and then at someone else's home, I discovered that the headache hurt much more all the time. I'm assuming it's mainly due to elevated noise levels, but I also think just more physical activity made the headache worse. Walking around the exhibits at the NSCAA convention caused my headache to steadily get worse. It wasn't exceptionally loud in there, so I think some of the pain increase was simply due to not being still.

Ok, doctor update....in the mail when we got home, there was an envelope from the neurologist's office. Inside was a prescription form indicating some blood tests to be done. No letter, note or anything else. I guess I just need to go get the blood drawn at one of the labs around here. For those who are interested, the tests ordered are: Anticardiolipin antibody ANCA, RPR and ESR. I think they're the same tests I had done last month. They're all tests to either rule out specific autoimmune diseases or to confirm them. I'll get that taken care of later today. Meanwhile, the 20mg dose of the new med had no effect this past week. Tonight the dosage goes up to 30mg. Yay.

I have another story to tell about this past weekend, but it's going to have to wait. Headache is getting worse already.