10 March 2009

So much for sleeping

Well, the Ambien worked great on Friday night. Saturday night, it took a while to fall asleep but at least I slept soundly. Sunday night it again took a while to fall asleep and I didn't sleep through the night. Last night, I took the pill at 10:15 pm, didn't go to bed until 11:30 pm and couldn't fall asleep at all. Shortly after midnight I got out of bed and returned to the living room where I finally dozed off in the recliner an hour or so later. I'll try the Ambien again tonight, but I don't know if it will do me any good. Drats. I enjoyed that nice sound sleep! It really would have been nice last night - the headache was awful (still is) - and a few hours of deep sleep would have been wonderful.

Meanwhile, I've started the 24-hour collection of urine. I'll take it to the lab tomorrow.

I am definitely not in a sociable mood today. The headache pain is very focused and very intense. I just wanted to get this note out to let people know I may not be responding to email or phone messages today. I have paperwork to complete that will require all my concentration in order to finish. Then I need to have my doctor finish the paperwork so I can get it turned in at work.

No, I'm not exactly feeling perky. I'm feeling desperate. I want an answer about something!

Later, all!