29 January 2009

Hmmmmmm

Ok, so here's what's happened:

Yesterday afternoon, I went by my primary care doctor's office to drop off new disability leave paperwork to be completed. The doctor took me back to one of the rooms to review what was going on. I updated him on the latest wait - for blood test results - and he asked where I had the blood drawn. It was at a lab that's also the lab company they have on site. So, he went and asked the lab tech if she could check on results from my tests. She did what was necessary, discovered the results were complete (as of yesterday), and they actually faxed the results to my primary doctor within minutes. She said they were also faxing the results to the neurologist's office. The doctor looked over the results, said nothing jumped out at him, but that the sed rate was still elevated. ????

I told him that the neurologist's nurse had told me before that the sed rate was complete and it was normal. My doctor said, "No. It's elevated." ????

He explained that the elevated sed rate indicates only that there is some type of inflammation in my system, but does not diagnose anything else. Other tests have to be done to determine the specifics. When I told him that I had received the denial notice for the CT-A based on the fact that the head MRI was "normal" he was amazed. He went back to the MRI report where it very specifically stated that the result was "abnormal" with unknown white areas in the brain tissue and a cyst in the left sinus. I'll be contacting the insurance company today. But why had the neurologist's office submitted paperwork for approval indicating the MRI was normal?????

So, yesterday afternoon I gave the neurologist a chance to look over the blood test results. He never called This morning, I called and when the nurse called me back, she said that the results were not received yet!!! Weird, as I was looking at a copy of the results at the time. I don't know what's going on with the neurologist, but I'm going to find another one. I have lost all faith in this one. At least I can show up with my CT & MRI results, along with 2 rounds of blood tests, for the new doctor!

So, now I have a headache (figurative) to go with the headache (literal) I already have. When I have more information, I'll update everyone.