29 January 2009

Oh, boy!

Well, I did some research and found another neurologist with privileges at my favorite hospital, nearby office and no black marks on his record (per State Board of Healing Arts). I called and explained to the receptionist that I was switching neurologists and wanted to get in as soon as possible. When I explained why I was switching, she said "Oooo. Ok." and found an appointment for me on 09 Feb. It's another week, but at least I have a set time. Now I just have to get all the test results and stuff that does exist over to the new doctor before my appointment. I've left a message for my primary doctor as I'm sure he'll do what he can to get info to the new neurologist.

You know, my doctor had asked my opinion of the first neurologist yesterday when I was talking with him. I told him, "He's nice enough, but he really doesn't seem all that concerned about the pain I'm in." My doctor said that perhaps the neurologist doesn't have good people skills. Well, that may be true, but why does the nurse sound all pissy when I call? I get the feeling that patients really keep her from doing something. What? I don't know.

Here's hoping the new neurologist is able to do more for me. It sucks to be off work, but unable to do much because of the pain. When I went to the doctor's office yesterday, it was only the 2nd time I've driven in 6 weeks or so. Both the trips involved no highways or major traffic, but my head was excruciatingly painful by the time I got home. No way I could drive in traffic or on a highway! So, I'll get myself to nearby locations (new neurologist is just across the highway, by the hospital), but leave the driving to others for longer routes.

Happy Thursday!