26 January 2009

Monday, already??

I'm never going to figure out how to sleep with this headache. I either can't sleep at all or I sleep for hours and hours and can't really get ambitious enough to get out of bed. Today it was almost 11:00 a.m. before I woke up, and then only because the neurologist's nurse called! She explained that they're still waiting on most of the results simply because the tests take a lot of time to complete. The only results they got back were for the SED rate, which was normal. (The SED rate test can reveal inflammatory activity in your body, based on how quickly red blood cells settle in a test tube). It's not a stand-alone test, but just a piece of the puzzle. So, at least the results have started coming in.

Meanwhile, the headache is still hanging around. It's now covering a larger area rather than a small localized area, but I seem to be more sensitive to too much activity/noise. I mute the tv most of the time when I'm alone. I also have earplugs I use frequently. Right now, the pain is above my eyes, across the entire forehead and back to my ears.

Nothing else going on here. Have a wonderful week!