09 January 2009

Can't Sleep

As you can tell from the time of this posting, I'm awake before 2:00 a.m. I've gone to bed at 10:00 p.m. for each of the last 3 nights (trying to set a regular sleep schedule) and I've awakened frequently throughout the night. However, Thursday it was almost 11:00 before I fell into a sound sleep, and I was awake shortly after midnight. I tried to fall back asleep, but after 1 1/2 hours of tossing and turning, I gave up. I got up, put on my fuzzy robe (thanks, Mom!) and came out to the living room. The headache's worse now than it was when I went to bed, so maybe that's why I couldn't sleep. I think that tonight I'll take my medicine at the same time, but just wait and go to bed when I feel tired. I figure that pushing for a regular sleep schedule is less important than just getting sound sleep.

No, I never heard anything from the doctors, except for the nurse calling to find out if I had a day/time preference for the CTA. I guess they're at least working on that!