10 January 2009

Got some sleep!

Well, after only getting a couple hours sleep yesterday (including a 1 hour nap in the morning), I decided not to try to force specific hours on my sleep at this point. So, I stayed up until I was really tired (12:30 a.m.) and went to bed after taking my meds. I was awake again at 3:00 a.m. but fell back asleep in an hour or so. I then woke up every hour or so, but was able to go back to sleep pretty quickly each time. However, I kept this up until 1:00 p.m.! I finally woke up for good then, but stayed in bed another hour petting PandeMonium and Diablo.

So, I really just got up and took a shower a short time ago. The headache today is pretty intense and localized (probably why I kept waking up), and I just feel kind of washed out today. At least I don't feel punch-drunk from lack of sleep!

I never did hear back from any of the doctors. I'm back in the waiting mode. Bobby and I are planning on going to St. Louis next weekend (Thursday - Sunday), so I'll be calling the neurologist office on Monday to tell them to schedule the CTA scan early in the week or I'll have to wait until the following week.

Meanwhile, I'm still drinking water rather than soda 99% of the time. I do still have one occasionally, mainly because I'm just tired of no flavor. (All of those flavored waters and diet sodas??....almost all have aspartame, which gives me hives if I have very much). So, since I don't drink tea or coffee, I'm pretty much stuck with water.

We don't have specific plans this weekend as it's difficult to plan since we don't know how bad my head will hurt from day to day. I'd love to go to a movie, but I know the noise level would be well above my tolerance level. I got some new books (thanks, Jean!), but can't read them right now as concentrating for long enough to read more than a page or two is almost impossible. Even writing this is pushing it; I've had to stop a couple times just to let my mind rest. I start having lots of typos if I try this for too long. Therefore, I'm stopping now. Time for another mind break.